Sunday, August 30, 2009

Freedom or survival?

Question: Is freedom or survival more important?
Answer: I believe freedom is more important. Slaves were surviving and I saw how somber they were. I believe with freedom comes happiness and the choice to change how one lives their life. With freedom a person can say what the want, and act, as they want without being restrained. Slaves were not able to voice their opinions. Freedom gives a person a sense of dignity. When I think of the word survival I think of a robot just doing what it needs to do to survive. I believe freedom came before survival. All people we once free and happy that way, and then when they were held in bondage they went into survival, which as I said earlier is doing all they need to stay strong mentally and physically. When people get in survival mode I do not think that they are mentally right. For example, in Mr. Pres class (5th period) he gave an example of him and Charston. He talked about if he and charston were on an island and there was a pineapple and he needed that pineapple to survive that he would kill charston. That is obviously survival mode. Mr. Pres would not be in his right mind. Freedom is the ability to change you and adapt to different environments. Freedom is much more pleasurable than survival. Survival is usually when people are held in oppression and because they have in that situation so long they are not mentally right, which means they are not able to think or see anything else beyond their situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment